On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Mohammed Rashad <rasha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> How to install qgis on debian lenny. Lenny does not contain qgis on its
> repository.
> When I tried to build from source. It shows python bindings are not
> installed and if  I continue qgis installation it does not have python
> modules.
> I cannot see "Fetech Plugins" menu item. Is it not possible to install on
> debian lenny. Do I need to try Ubuntu

Hi, there is no problem to build QGIS on Lenny, I am building trunk
version few times per week.

If You have all dependencies installed do this:
(if not all dependencies satisfied You will be noted when building
package. Check ' debian/control.lenny' file for the list of
dependencies)

1. download sources from svn
2. edit debian/changelog file. Change distribution to 'lenny' in top
line (in trunk usually change 'UNRELEASED' to 'lenny').
3. build Debian package using 'debuild -us -uc -d'
4. install resulting deb files

Ivan