On Wed, 2011-02-23 at 13:11 +0100, Václav Řehák wrote:
> 2011/2/23 Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.man...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >> The plugin requires the installation of R and several R modules.
> >
> > on windows is more complicated than that
> >
> > First you need to use R < 2.12 because since 2.12 the R binaries are
> > installed in a different relative location and the rpy2 library (windows
> > version) wasn't yet updated yet.
> >
> > If you are on XP then you are almost done, needing just to install a few
> > R libraries (with dependencies): adehabitat, rgdal, gpclib, shapefiles
> >
> > If you are on Vista/Seven there is one more annoying thing:
> > R installs the libraries in a folder called
> > C:\Users\username\Documents\R\win-library\2.x
> >
> > but then the plugin (the HR one, like others that R based) looks into
> > C:\Users\username\R\win-library\2.x
> >
> > You then need to copy the installed libraries in the "right" folder.
> >
> > After that it all works fine.
>
> And you also need to add C:\Program Files\R\R-2.10.1\bin\ (or whatever
> version of R you end up installing) to PATH enviroment variable.
>
> Paolo, can you or someone from Faunalia add this information to HR
> plugin wiki [0] ? I think it is quite frequent source of errors.

Hi all,

Thanks for providing these tips, I updated the wiki page accordingly. I
hope it is clear enough, feel free to improve it.

> And also, is there any way how to navigate from Animove web [1] to the
> wiki [0]? There are some links to the old wiki [2] and trac [3] but I
> find it very easy to get lost between all those sites without ever
> reaching [0].

Indeed, it is not straightforward. The help button of the interface
links to the wiki page [0] directly, as it is the main source of updated
information. Paolo, is it possible to reduce the number of redirects?

thanks and regards,
Anne

--
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Aghisla