dear Radim,
I am getting different error messages:
Either a problem is stated what had let to close ODBC.exe and Windows wants to report that to Microsoft. Somethime even Python.exe shall be concerned. GRASS closes. That happens, when I try to test my database connection after having connected (with db.connect).
Or I get the error message "Cannot open data source" after apparently successful connecting with db.connect. That happens when I try to use the database with v.external, db.in or v.in.ogr
Try to open a MS Access database, what's not a problem in QGIS. Maybe it's a problem, that there is no need to Login to a an Access database (AFAIK) and GRASS expects this step ...
thanks for reply, Christine
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:25 AM, Christine Schmidt <geo.gu...@web.de> wrote:
> 2. ) Has anybody succeded to use the ODBC driver in a WinGRASS distribution (like the GRASS version installed with QGIS for Windows) ?
> It's possible to open ODBC data bases in QGIS, I know.
> Would like to do the same in GRASS. But I get only error messages and the ODBC driver crashes.

What error message?