Hi Astrid,

AFAIK QGIS can only handle one geometry type per layer (how should it be displayed by default?) and only (Multi)points, -lines and -polygons.
So there are IMHO two workarounds, both with views:
1) create three different tables ((Multi)point, (Multi)linestring and (Multi)polygon) for editing. Put them all into a view for your result:
SELECT * FROM <pointtable> UNION select * FROM <linetable> ...
2) keep your geometries in one table and make three views, one for each geometrytype. Define appropriate rules on the views in order to push any edits back into the table.

Bernhard