This issue can be solved by acquiring an accurate reading with a sub-meter
GPS unit on your site grid's datum and using the affine transformation
tools to "move" the site grid data into a projected coordinate system based
on the difference between the GPS and site grid coordinates. The accuracy
of the transformation depends on the size of your study area. The results
were excellent when I used this process for grids a few hectares in size.

The affine transformation tools can be installed from the Plugins menu.

Eric