Hello Deon,

If you have the chance, exporting both your layers to Postgres\Postgis,
would allow you to, for each district geometry, run ST_Snap[1] against its
related province geometry. With the correct tolerance, this might solve a
big part of your Boundary differences.

Even tho, you would need to check the result and correct the rest of the
problems manually.

Best regards,

Alexandre Neto

[1] http://postgis.org/docs/ST_Snap.html