Hello,

Le mardi 25 mars 2014 21:08:24, antonio valanzano a écrit :
> I would like to start a discussion about the minimal functionalities that a
> new lidar plugin or a  core function  should present.
>
> Based on my experience the minimal requirements are:
>
> - to read data in LAS format
> - to visualize points based on classification or intensity
> - to allow the filtering of points based on classification
> - to allow the selection of points with spatial relationship with other
> layers
> - to export filtered points or selected points in LAS format

+ PostgreSQL PointCloud support

Do you plan any PDAL and/or PCL integration into the core or Processing ?
Maybe pointclouds is more for a second step with data processing capabilities.

http://www.pdal.io/
http://pointclouds.org/

Do you have any idea on the 3D visualization aspect ? It is often a strong use
case.

Vincent