Hei Leo,

Unfortunately I do not recall where I read comparison of "proper GPS" and
Smartphones regarding precision. But as far as I remember precision difference
depends very much on where you are.
Smartphones (and also tablets I guess) make also use of the cell towers /
access points to the mobile network for positioning.
So, if you are working in towns or populated areas you get probably comparable
precision to a commercial GPS (a few meters difference). But if you are in
remote areas, difference can be more significant 20m and more...

Others please correct me if I am wrong...

And as Zoltan writes: what is "good" (or more precise "suitable") depends on
your needs...

Cheers
Stefan