That sounds like it's hitting some sort of line limit. Might be a bug in
OGR. You could try writing WKT to a column first, but it would have to
be in a layer type that supports long text fields.

That said WKT is not a great format for complex geometries. Perhaps you
can tell us your goal and we can suggest another way to get there.

Thanks,
Alex