     From: David Kramer <dav...@gmail.com>
 To: Leknín Řepánek <godzilalal...@gmail.com>
Cc: qgis-user <qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org>
 Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:10 PM
 Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] Storing data to postgis from Qgis

Leknin,
Thanks for the reply. I've followed your recipe and indeed I can paste my
selected features as a new memory layer (thanks Jan) and then import the layer
via db manager into postgis. This is tremendously useful, but is not quite what
I'm looking for.
I don't really want to create a new table, I really want to just select a few
fields out of my newly selected layer and save those as a row in an already
created table. For example, let's assume I have a table that lists franchises
the states that they do business in and the columns:
'Franchise Name'    |  'States'             |
'geom'===================================Alice's Restaurant   | "NY, NJ, PA"
Joe's Burgers          |  "CA, NV, OR"  |   ...
To add a new row to the table I'd like to go into qgis, select the states for a
franchise (from a layer of states), save that as a memory layer. Then I'd like
to have a save function which allows me to enter the franchise name. It would
save only the name, the states and the geometry as a row in the table.
Make sense? Is this possible from the GUI or do I need to write a plugin in
pyQGIS?
Thx

David