Hello,
My question is the following.
I need to change the location of several points on a map. I mean, for each point from a list, I have the distance from the initial position towards a new final position (a line) and the angle to the North (Azimuth) of that line. What I want is to know the X and Y coordinates of the new final position, in order to put that point into the new position. And I have too many points (over 1000) to do it manually.
It this clear?
This is the scheme (in Spanish, sorry):

As I understand, the Azimuth and Distance tool 'draws' points based on azimuths and distances, but guided by the immediately preceding point as reference. And it does not help me, because I need taking the points independently, not in relation to the previous one, because my points are independent observations. Is it correct or am I misunderstanding the tool?
Any idea to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance

Natalia

--
Natalia M. Schroeder
Laboratorio de Interacciones Ecológicas (LIE)