Von: Neumann, Andreas [mailto:a.neum...@carto.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 3. Februar 2016 13:46
An: Alessandro Pasotti
Cc: Peter Schürch; Qgis Mailinglist (qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org)
Betreff: Re: [Qgis-user] Crash on startup of QGIS 2.8.6 (nightly build)

Hi,
Or you can use different startup options - see
http://docs.qgis.org/2.8/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/getting_started.html#command-line-options
with the
--configpath C:\temp\qgistest
You can temporarily set your .qgis2 directory to some other path without
loosing your settings. It also writes the Windows registry settings into a
QGIS.ini file.
--noplugins helps to disable all plugins
As others said, in 95% of the cases it is because of a broken plugin or setting.
Andreas