On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 02:47:55AM -0700, ralfwessels wrote:

> I would like to filter my PostGIS table by the actual extent of the map
> canvas similar to the possibility in the Quick OSM - Plugin.
>
> Does someone know, if this is possible?

I've been thinking about a way to do this too as I'm afraid it is
currently not available as a core support.

Being able to use canvas-dependent variables (extent and scale,
mostly) would help a lot with speeding up some kind of query
layers (TopoGeometry ones, for example).

I haven't looked at how the QuickOSM plugin deals with the issue,
does it update the layer definition on every pan and zoom operations ?

--strk;