I hate to ask, I was checking fedora last night and they are up to at least gdal 2.0. Osgeo4w is at 2.02. Ubuntu seems to be in a happy spot with 1.11.2. Are there any plans to move to gdal 2.0 on Ubuntu/UbuntuGIS anytime soon. I'm tempted to start compiling my own packages but that's more commitment time than I have currently. I enjoy the packages I get from QGIS/UbuntuGIS - but was wondering if anything was planned anytime soon.

Thanks for all the work - not complaining at all - just trying to plan.

Randy

--
Randal Hale