From: Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Matt
Boyd
Sent: Monday, 9 May 2016 2:07 PM
To: qgis-user
Subject: [Qgis-user] Projection / Custom CRS help

Hi QGISer's,

I've got some data acquired in Australia in 1967. The acquisition reports
mention a false easting and northing and a TM projection.

I'm assuming TM means Transverse Mercator.

It's early 1967 data and doesn't mention AGD66 anywhere. However a some of the
reference docs mention measurements in yards and feet.

All of the historical analysis of the data that I can find dates back to the
early 1980's and late 1970's and these all assume AGD66.

I would like to be able to create a custom CRS that I can load the original
data into (or a smaller portion of it) to confirm that the data has been
transformed over the years correctly.

Is anyone familiar with pre-AGD66 projections in Australia and any idea how I'd
go down this road?

Thanks

Matt