From: ml-node+s1560n5275434...@n6.nabble.com
To: nicolas.cadi...@archeotec.ca
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 07:33:36 -0600
Subject: Minimum bounding circle from cluster of points

        Hi all,
Looking for help aggregating some field data subplots to the plot level. In the
attached screenshot, you can see clusters of 4 points (4 subplots = 1 plot).
I'd like to create a circle around each cluster that is the smallest circle
that would encompass all 4 points. Sort of like a convex hull, but a circle
(convex hull, in this case, would give me a triangle). Is there a tool or a
series of steps to accomplish this without doing it manually? In the attribute
table, I have a unique ID for each plot/cluster. So for each plot ID (in this
case, consisting of 4 subplots), I'd like to build a circle around all of the
subplots.
I should also mention that it's not always 4 points (subplots), and they aren't
always covering the same size area on the ground.
I have QGIS 2.14.2 as well as one of the nightly builds from a few weeks ago
(can download the newest one if necessary).
Thanks in advance for any ideas/insights! Google has not helped me so much yet
with this one!Tina

                If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
discussion below:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Minimum-bounding-circle-from-cluster-of-points-tp5275434.html

                To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email
ml-node+s1560n4125267...@n6.nabble.com

                To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, click here.

                NAML