From this chosen pair, get the mid-point, which becomes the midpoint of the
circle.
Buffer the identified midpoints as circles with size of radius (half max
distance identified) to get circle containing all others in each set.

I think that would get all of them, or at least I can’t think of a situation
where any longest pair identified could be further away from another point to
be left out.

Graeme.

From: Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Tina
Cormier
Sent: 08 July 2016 14:50
To: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [Qgis-user] Minimum bounding circle from cluster of points

Hi all,

Looking for help aggregating some field data subplots to the plot level. In the
attached screenshot, you can see clusters of 4 points (4 subplots = 1 plot).
I'd like to create a circle around each cluster that is the smallest circle
that would encompass all 4 points. Sort of like a convex hull, but a circle
(convex hull, in this case, would give me a triangle). Is there a tool or a
series of steps to accomplish this without doing it manually? In the attribute
table, I have a unique ID for each plot/cluster. So for each plot ID (in this
case, consisting of 4 subplots), I'd like to build a circle around all of the
subplots.

I should also mention that it's not always 4 points (subplots), and they aren't
always covering the same size area on the ground.

I have QGIS 2.14.2 as well as one of the nightly builds from a few weeks ago
(can download the newest one if necessary).

Thanks in advance for any ideas/insights! Google has not helped me so much yet
with this one!
Tina

[Inline image 2]

This message has been verified and checked by company's antispam system. Click
here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/hzZxL+RGjW!GX2PQPOmvUlRg0f8c3ZDCDEGp1VnSwMOgemTiV2FYJ45tXRcGdAw87+NHA8YIK0TJaydNu2tBwg==>
 to report this message as a spam.
======================================================== This message has been
scanned for malware. This message and any attachments (the "message") are
confidential, intended solely for the addressees, and may contain legally
privileged information. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither our company or any of its
subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed
message a ete verifie et ne contient pas de programme malveillant. Ce message
et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et
susceptibles de contenir des informations couvertes par le secret
professionnel. Ce message est etabli a l'intention exclusive de ses
destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite. Tout
message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. Notre societe et ses
filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete
altere, deforme falsifie.