Am 19.07.2016 um 21:05 schrieb Bernd Vogelgesang:
Hi,
we just received some shapes accompanied by an xml and no prj.
So far I was out of luck finding the proper projection for this, but I'm
guessing that this stuff is from Manifold (my first contact with that)

Can anyone tell me from the xml what would be the related EPSG code for
this data?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<data>
     <coordinateSystem>
         <name>Orthographic</name>
         <datum>World Geodetic 1984 (WGS84)</datum>
         <system>Orthographic</system>

I have not much experience with Manifold, but I guess it should be an orthographic projection. In that case, looking in the EPSG database may be useless. You would have to create a custom CRS for it.

HTH,
André Joost