From: Neumann, Andreas [mailto:a.neum...@carto.net]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 July 2016 5:13 PM
To: Johanna Botman <johanna.bot...@griffith.nsw.gov.au>
Cc: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-user] issues with Processing Options

Hi Johanna,

Which provider are you talking about?

You have to understand that Processing is an open and extensible system - many
providers can't be shipped with QGIS, because they are very domain-specific and
would bloat QGIS or because of licensing issues. Hence they need to be
installed and configured separately.

However, processing providers that are shipped along with QGIS, such as
GDAL/OGR/Postgis/GRASS/Saga should work out of the box and I agree with you, it
shouldn't require extra configuration ideally. So what provider are you talking
about?

Greetings,
Andreas