Hi,
Have you guys looked at what was being developed as plugins for
archaeology?  There are a few plugins dedicated to the archaeological
community (I am afraid I have not used them).  These plugins could be a
good  starting point for your projects as both sciences depend on
understanding stratigraphy and on making assumptions based on sampling points
or cores.
https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/pyarchinit/
Nicolas
On Jul 31, 2016 3:27 AM, "Grant Boxer [via OSGeo.org]"