Hi Sashi.
That clears it up, thanks.
I don't use tables in map views and generally just stick with legends, so
you are more advanced than me there.

Having a look, you can put the filter in the filter with box; ie $id>29
Then put the worwrap for the individual column in the attributes menu by
clicking on the formula button  next to the attribute.

See how that goes

On Mon, 1 Aug 2016, 19:48 Sashikumar N <sashikuma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thankyou Matthias and Damien
>
> The particular need came for the following reasons
>
> I have a map with attribute records of nearly 400 records /rows. In the
> map composition comprising multiple pages, in the first page i have the map
> (A4 size) and rest of the pages i put the attribute table. With extensive
> search of the forums, i found that there is no way to extend the table in
> multiple pages without lose  of some records which falls in between two
> pages. So i create a new attribute table in each of the composition pages
> and filter the records which are already displayed in the previous pages.
> And in one of the columns the characters exceed 100 characters making the
> table width extending beyond the page size, hence i looked out for the
> wordwrap option. So i need both record filter and column wordwrap to work
> together.
>
> Hope its clear why i need to do this. I would be glad if you can suggest
> any alternate ways to resolve this. Thankyou
>
> regards
> sashi
>

> On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 2:43 PM, damien stephens <
> damien.steph...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Sashi
>> I am not entirely sure why you would want to word wrap on an attribute in
>> order to filter it, but assume that you want to display all features and
>> only label them where $id >29. You then want to ensure that if the text in
>> village >25 that you get a wordwrap.
>> if I am correct them you want something like;
>>  case when $id >29 then wordwrap("village",25) end
>> if you do this in the label attributes expression area, you should get
>> what you need.
>>
>> let me know if my assumptions are incorrect
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Sashikumar N <sashikuma...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>> I am using QGIS Map composition and for an Attribute feature filtering,
>>> i am  trying to use two functions at the same time in the filter
>>> expressions, i dont know how to combine them.
>>> One function is for filtering records with field id > 29 and other
>>> function is to wrap text of the field Village with more than 25 characters
>>>
>>> I am familiar with a expression like :
>>>
>>> upper(title('Town'))
>>>
>>> How do i combine two functions like this (from Records and Strings) in
>>> an expression ?
>>>
>>> $id > 29 and wordwrap( "Village",25)
>>>

>>> thankyou
>>>
>>> regards