Hi

I have been adding some authentication to my Geoserver instance so around half
of the layers served through WMS / WFS are now restricted and require a
username and password.

On accessing the services through the WMS / WFS connections in QGIS (2.16.1), I
notice that the ones I changed to require a username and password are still
showing up (although they cannot be added, they are prompted for a username and
password).

It isn't too much of an issue, but I have set my catalog mode as 'Hide' in
Geoserver so presumed they would not show up in the layer list, and was
wondering if QGIS perhaps caches these connections and stores the layer
information that was previously accessible?

Thanks, Chris