Dear QGIS users,

I am using QGIS Essen (2.14.0) on Windows 10. I have two shapefiles, one representing Argentina (single polygon) and the other one containing 97,921 points. I need to identify all the points that somehow fall outside the coutry limits and save them as a new shapefile to correct their coordinates. In doing so, I used the Spatial Query tool in the Vector option of the menue. There, under the "Select source features from" menue I select my points file, for the "Where the feature" drop-down option I select "Within", and for the "Reference features of" option, I pick my polygon file. I choose "Create new selection" and hit "Apply", but nothing happens. The operation process box shows "Processing 2/2 - 0%" and stays like that forever until I must close the program.

Is this because of the large amount of points that I am having QGIS handle at once? Potential solutions will be much appreciated!!!

--
Dr. Luciano F. La Sala
Departamento de Biología, Bioquímica y Farmacia

---