Hi,
This could help.
http://docs.qgis.org/2.8/de/docs/training_manual/processing/generalize.html
Nicolas
On Aug 22, 2016 18:10, "Mick [via OSGeo.org]"
<ml-node+s1560n5281745...@n6.nabble.com> wrote:

        I have a number of layers with node per kilometre on some polylines
exceeding 60,000 which is causing me problem with performance - 10 minutes plus
screen refresh.
I have manually reduced this number where I could without significant loss of
accuracy but it has taken 4-6 weeks to deal with less than 1% of the polylines
that need doing. Is there any tool that could automate this task?
mick in glen innes

                If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
discussion below:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Reduce-the-number-of-nodes-in-a-polyline-tp5281745.html

                To start a new topic under Quantum GIS - User, email
ml-node+s1560n4125267h38@n6.nabble.com
                To unsubscribe from Quantum GIS - User, click here .
                NAML