Hi,
I asked a simliar question 4 years ago on stackexchange http://gis.stackexchange.com/q/30708/8202

But it all depends on the use case and data.

Cheers
Bernd

Am 30.08.2016, 14:21 Uhr, schrieb Bia <bia.fs2...@gmail.com>:

2 questions:
1) in the field calculator as I can, for example, find the greatest value of a column?

2) Can I compare different tables (different shapfiles) to for example obtain a value of contamination >concentration in tables with different concentrations and dates?

Tanks!

2 questions:
1) in the field calculator as I can, for example, find the greatest value of a column?

2) Can I compare different tables (different shapfiles) to for example obtain a value of contamination concentration in tables >>with different concentrations and dates?

Tanks!

Bia;
Compare in what way? You can export the sheets to CSV or DBF and add them to your project, from there you can join common data >>>types, use the field calculator to manipulate the data, display XY coordinates.