Thanks Nicolas for your reply.

It does seem to be a memory problem, although it doesnt show the typical
"Memory Error". Without the script I could do that operation with the same
rasters. It involves four files and it is basically (a-b)*(c-d).

GDAL also failed to load all files at once, so I finally splited the
operation in 3. (a-b) then (c-d) and finaly the multiplication of the
outputs. Its much more time consuming but it works.

I still dont understand why using the tool directly from the UI it wrks and
it doesnt from the script. Will write back if I find the correct way.