Thank you, Tyler.
my table was built with the sampling dates wells, however, every time the
sampling was done ... was created a line with the same coordinate to update
the sampling.
I believe so is being very difficult to establish a filter.

Bia;
Not sure though how that would effect filtering, one of those things where
I would need to see the data and try some expressions.

I would almost break the table up into 2 tables; Sampling Dates and Well
Points. Then use a relationship between the 2 tables (well_id pk in wells
and a well_id fk in samples). That should make the data simpler, and
perhaps provide a better ability to organise and filter.
Tyler

On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 11:49 AM, Tyler Veinot <tylerkvei...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Bia;
> Sorry for the duplication but I am trying to keep my responses on the
> list. Unfortunately I often hit reply and not rely all:
>
> Bia;
> In 2.16.2 you can right click the column header and choose sort, this will
> bring up an expression builder. In there just add the field you want to
> sort by "Field_Name" or you can get fancy and say you want to sort by a
> number and a string field. Then you would do something like
> this "String_Field"||right(  ('00000000' || "Numeric_Field"), 8) Notice the
> "00000000" being added, that is because the expression treats the number
> like a string. Padding it with zeros sorts allows it to sort in order
> 1,2,3,4 if you do not pad you will end up with. 1,10,11,12,etc...
> Dual sorting with date is a bit tricky but you can store the data as a
> YYYY,MM,DD type and it should sort for you. If your date is stored in
> another way, i.e. DD/MM/YYYY then you will have to format it to YYYY,MM,DD
> for proper sorting, i.e. Year("Date")||Month("Date")||Day("Date") should
> work to that effect.
> As for sorting one column Ascending and another Descending I am at a loss,
> have not been able to figure that one out but someone here might add to my
> answer if you need to do that.
> Additionally if your using an older version of QGIS that does not have the
> "sort" function you could write the expression to a virtual field and then
> sort it by clicking the column header of the new virtual field.
> Hope that helps.
> Tyler
>
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 11:26 AM, Bia <bia.fs2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you, Tyler.
>> my table was built with the sampling dates wells, however, every time the
>> sampling was done ... was created a line with the same coordinate to update
>> the sampling.
>> I believe so is being very difficult to establish a filter.
>>
>> 2016-09-14 10:55 GMT-03:00 Tyler Veinot <tylerkvei...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Bia;
>>> In 2.16.2 you can right click the column header and choose sort, this
>>> will bring up an expression builder. In there just add the field you want
>>> to sort by "Field_Name" or you can get fancy and say you want to sort by a
>>> number and a string field. Then you would do something like
>>> this "String_Field"||right(  ('00000000' || "Numeric_Field"), 8) Notice the
>>> "00000000" being added, that is because the expression treats the number
>>> like a string. Padding it with zeros sorts allows it to sort in order
>>> 1,2,3,4 if you do not pad you will end up with. 1,10,11,12,etc...
>>> Dual sorting with date is a bit tricky but you can store the data as a
>>> YYYY,MM,DD type and it should sort for you. If your date is stored in
>>> another way, i.e. DD/MM/YYYY then you will have to format it to YYYY,MM,DD
>>> for proper sorting, i.e. Year("Date")||Month("Date")||Day("Date")
>>> should work to that effect.
>>> As for sorting one column Ascending and another Descending I am at a
>>> loss, have not been able to figure that one out but someone here might add
>>> to my answer if you need to do that.
>>> Additionally if your using an older version of QGIS that does not have
>>> the "sort" function you could write the expression to a virtual field and
>>> then sort it by clicking the column header of the new virtual field.
>>> Hope that helps.
>>> Tyler
>>>
>>> On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 7:38 AM, Bia <bia.fs2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi, how can I to organize my table considering the date? I tried a
>>>> expression but did not work.
>>>> And after I wanna compare other columns to have a precision table.
>>>>
>>>> Thank you!
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Qgis-user mailing list
>>>> Qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
>>>> List info: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
>>>> Unsubscribe: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Bea
>>
>
>
_______________________________________________
Qgis-user mailing list
Qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
List info: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user
Unsubscribe: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-user

Reply via email to