01.10.2016, 14:51, Even Rouault kirjoitti:
Hi Ari,

I'm using 2.16.2 and when I connect to a WFS provider the layer list is
not updated after the first time I press Connect in the dialog. This
means that when I publish or unpublish layers at the server those
changes are not shown in the client.

I can force the update by removing the client cache (rm -rf
.qgis2/cache/data7).

I can fix the problem by changing 'false' to 'true' in the sendGet call
in QgsWFSCapabilities::requestCapabilities (that is the bool
forceRefresh parameter). However, changing code seems rather drastic, so
what am I doing wrong?
This is probably a shortcoming of my recent refactoring in the WFS provider
where I borrowed some things from the WMS provider. Instead of full caching as
currently done vs no caching as before, perhaps there could be a medium way:
if capabilities are needed due to pushing the Connect button, then we should
re-issue a network request. In other cases, we could use the cached version.
Actually looking at the code, I think this is what the WMS provider does.

Could you file a ticket about that (if there isn't already one) ?

Added as #15647.

It seems to me that user pushing the button should force a network request.

Thanks,

Ari

Even