Dear all,

I installed QGis-Server 2.14 on Ubuntu 16.04 following the instructions on
[this
blog](http://www.paulshapley.com/2016/07/how-to-install-qgis-server-on-ubuntu.html?showComment=1475153231712#c4163641401127840252)
 [0]. The fgci on its own is responsive and correctly replying to a
GetCapabilities request like:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

However, if I point the browser to a QGis project file, like:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/project/qgis_mapserv.fcgi?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities

The response is an error:

<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.3.0"> <ServiceException code="WMS
configuration error"> There was an error reading the project file or the SLD
configuration </ServiceException> </ServiceExceptionReport>

Using directly the command line I get a different error message:

$ ./qgis_mapserv.fcgi
"QUERY_STRING=SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities"
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified Warning 1: Unable to find driver
ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment variable. Warning 1: Unable to find
driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment variable. Warning 1: Unable to
find driver JP2ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment variable. Warning 1:
Unable to find driver ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment variable.
Warning 1: Unable to find driver JP2ECW to unload from GDAL_SKIP environment
variable. Content-Length: 206 Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.3.0" xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/ogc";>
<ServiceException code="Service configuration error">Service unknown or
unsupported</ServiceException> </ServiceExceptionReport>

The Apache logs are clean. The error log is empty and the access log is
reporting nothing unusual.

Are there any other logs I can look into? Any hints on what may be causing this
error(s)?

Regards,

Luís

[0]