Hi All,

I'm working to create a map of a pretty linear area that runs ~30 degrees
off of N.

In addition to the focal area, I have some bordering regions (e.g.,
counties) that I want displayed, just to help show context. .

I was playing around with rotating the map in the print composer, and it
seems that if I want any blank-space border around the map, I would need to
clip all of the surrounding layers appropriately first, right? (otherwise
the corners of the original rotated map stick out...)

Or is there some way rotate the area and clip off the boundaries of a
certain extent entirely within the composer?

Just as an example, think of this NYC map (which is rotated off-North),  if
it had a blank border around it.

Thanks! Curious to hear how others have dealt with this kind of question
before.
Mike