There's only the one library file, but it needs to go into the 2.1 GDAL folder,
not 1.11:

/Library/Application Support/GDAL/2.1/Libraries/libNCSEwc.dylib

> On Nov 3, 2016, at 6:35 AM, DelazJ <del...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,

> All,
>
> I am running macOS Sierra v10.12.1 on a MacBook Pro.
>
> I have been running the stand alone installation of QGIS 2.14.3 with ecw
> support successfully in the past.
>
> I downloaded and installed QGIS 2.16.3 from www.kyngchaos.com with all the
> associated packages. This has GDAL 2.1
>
> I also downloaded ERDAS ECW/JP2 SDK v 5.2.1 and copied the file
> libNCSEcw.dylib to the following location as instructed:
>
> Library/Application Support/GDAL/1.11/Libraries/libNCSEwc.dylib
>

> If I recall well, there's more than only this file to move in the readme.
> I do not have Sierra but QGIS 2.16 can read ecw files following Kyngchaos
> guidelines pn El Capitan.
>
> Regards,
> Harrissou
> On starting QGIS and loading a project with an ecw image I get a message
> informing me that the image is not a supported raster type.
>
> Unfortunately I am not a programmer just an end user. There are 6 of us on a
> mix of Windows, Linux and Mac OS systems using QGIS.
>
> This problem only seems to affect Mac users after upgrading to QGIS 2.16.x.
>
> I am obviously missing something here, can anyone help please.
>
> Thanks in advance and BR.
>

> --
> Paul T. A. Drea
>
> Geodetic Consultant
>
> Tel/Fax Greece: +30-210-9649 993
>
> Cell Greece: +30-6977 30 68 47
>
> e-mail 1: pauld...@gmail.com
>
> e-mail 2: ptad...@otenet.gr

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the past
isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate
physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe