Hi Andreas

I did some investigation and found the following answers to your questions:

> Is the id 100001 for the swiss datum transformation stable?
> Are those .gsb file names hard coded somewhere?
I suppose the id is stable. The id and the .gsb file names seem to be hard
coded in the srs.db template. Apparently the id for CHENYX06a.gsb has been
defined in commit
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/3465c3eb509b9285f0b7d99129dcbaad84463771

> The table tbl_datum_transformation does not contain any references to the
> .gsb files. How does QGIS find those files?
QGIS seems to look for the .gsb files in the directory where Proj.4 stores
them: /usr/share/proj (I see you figured this out too)

Thanks a lot for updating the documentation.

Btw. now I guess that it’s possibly not even necessary to run crssync (opposed
to what I wrote earlier).

Andy