Hi
When I connect to PostGIS, the connection gets closed after a while if
there is no activity. The problem is that the connection is not
reestablished successfully. If I try to load a PostGIS layer with DB
Manager after what looks like a reconnect, QGIS complains that the layer is
invalid, even though it loaded successfully when the connection was
properly alive. The only way I have found is to close QGIS and open it
again, reconnect to the database and then everything is fine - meanwhile
nothing has changed in the project or the data. Closing DB Manager and
opening it again makes no difference.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Arni