Hi,

Is your file CRS in degrees and your triangle made to 3 points?  If so, make
the file in a layer that uses a CRS that uses meter, like a UTM zone 18, then
densify the geometry. This will add points along the line  of the triangle.
There is a tool for that. Make sure the project CRS is the same as your file
CRS.

Nicolas