On 15 November 2016 at 07:12, Ahmed Kheir <drahmedkheir2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I'm looking for a way to insert continuous colour legend for a raster layer.
> I managed to create discrete symbols with values along the bar, but I would
> like to have a continuous bar with some values on the bar, similar to the
> old plugin "One-Band Raster", that it doesn't work with the Qgis version
> higher than 1.7
>
> I tried to set in properties->style, where I selected the Render Type
> "Singleband pseudocolor" and see the "generate new color ramp" box. I tried
> both "Continuous" or "Equal interval". However, in the Composer the legend
> always is displayed with discrete symbols.
>
> Is there any way that can make QGIS Composer to display a nice continuous
> band for a raster layer?

There's not currently - but there's a LOT of demand for this. I'd
suggest getting in contact with Martian Dobias from Lutra Consulting
(he's the legend(ary) expert!) and seeing how much it would cost to
sponsor this development. You could then either sponsor directly, or
try a fund raising drive (eg with local QGIS user groups) to fund
this. You may be surprised how economical it is to fund QGIS
development when compared to the costs of proprietary GIS packages.

Hope that helps!
Nyall