Hi,

A feature QGIS provides for some releases now in the styling stuffs is
"Match to saved symbols" in the Advanced combobox under the frame that
displays classification.
It requires you to build a set of symbols, naming each symbol as a feature
attributes (currently a geol name) and then you classify your layer using
the geol name field, select the "Match to saved symbols" item. All your
symbology will be pulled from the list you previously build and each symbol
matches its class.

see the last tip under
http://docs.qgis.org/2.14/endocs/user_manual/working_with_vector/vector_properties.html#categorized-renderer
(though not that verbose)