Hi Cliff,

I don't really know what is going on on your machine.

Just a shot in the dark: if you run an antivirus software, try to disable it and see if it helps.

The other guess would be plugins, but you said that you already tried starting with the --noplugins switch, so that doesn't help either ...

Hope you are able to find out what the problem is.

Andreas