Hi,

thanks for your fast answer.

I opened the dataset with "spatialite-gui.exe" and it seems to be populated with a lot of tiles.
The minzoom and maxzoom entries in "metadata" are also present:
##########################
name    value
format    png
version    1.0.0
center    16.500071,63.322846,4
name    doete
tags    asdf
bounds    -20.999853,37.645693,53.999995,89.000000
legend    [....]
credits    asdf
maxzoom    19
type    overlay
attribution
minzoom    0
description    ad
use_constraints    asdf
##########################

The coordinates seem to be somewhat strange, but the rest looks ok.
The strange thing is:
It says maxzoom=19, but in the "tiles" table, there are only tiles up to zoom-level 17.
Could that be the problem?

Stefan

Am 23.11.2016 um 13:55 schrieb Even Rouault:

Stefan

> when I try to add a raster layer based on a local MBTiles file in QGis

> 2.14 I get this error:

> "Nicht unterstütztes Datenformat: D:\Files\Testdata.mbtiles ist keine

> unterstützte Rasterdatenquelle Cannot find min and max tile numbers"

> Did someone successfully use MBTiles with QGis?

Yes sure.

This error messages comes from the underlying GDAL MBTiles driver. There is something in your dataset that it doesn't like. Either the driver isn't robust to this case, either the mbtiles isn't conformant. But hard to tell without access to the file.

> Where is QGIS searching for the "min and max tile numbers"? Does it have

> to be in one of the metadata tables?

> Or is it somehow calcluated on the fly?

It looks at the metadata table for 'minzoom' and 'maxzoom' entries. If not found, it then looks at the tiles table to query the min and max values of zoom_level.

The error could occur if the MBTiles dataset is completely empty. Otherwise I'm not sure without inspecting it.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com