Hello Nicola

Thanks for the suggestion but this is not the problem. I did not move any files and it happens with whatever shape file I try.

Mira

On 25/11/16 17:58, Nicolas Cadieux wrote:
Hi,

Perhaps you moved or copied the shape files and forgot to move the accompanied files (3 to 8 files with different extensions like .shx .dbf .shp .prj)? If you just move the .shp and not the others, this is will create errors. The .shx contains the geometries. You may get this kind of message if you try to drag and drop the .shx and not the .shp in QGiS.

.tiff will not crash because it's a lone file.

Nicolas