Från: Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] För Raymond Nijssen
Skickat: den 15 december 2016 08:58
Till: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Ämne: Re: [Qgis-user] How to edit repetitive data in QGIS

Hi Charlotte,

You can use the "dissolve" tool for merging features that have value(s) in
common. In this case the field "name" contains that value.

Go:
Vector >> Geoprocessing tools >> Dissolve...
Remove the check mark at "Dissolve all (do not use field)"
Add the field "name" to unique ID fields list Run

This worked for me. Only drawback is that all roads without a name were merged
together. If you mind that, you can select and remove them before running the
dissolve algorithm.

Good luck,
Raymond

On 15-12-16 07:07, Matt Boyd wrote:
> Can you select the features you want by a function using the same
> street name, then Edit - merge selected features.
>
> On 15 Dec 2016 08:40, "Charlotte Wolter" <techl...@techlady.com
> <mailto:techl...@techlady.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello, all,
>
>             I created a query for data from OpenStreetMap using
>     overpassturbo.eu <http://overpassturbo.eu>. I needed major street,
>     so used the expression highway=primary. The area was a large section
>     of Los Angeles, about 1/6th of the city, the area called South Bay.
>             I got the steeets I need, no problem. But, I also got the
>     street names repeating over and over, because the streets are broken
>     into segments by changes, such as a bridge or a change in speed
>     limit, etc., etc.
>             I am looking for a way to solve this issue, such as editing
>     the data to remove the names from some of these segments. I have
>     opened the data in the "Attributes Table," but I can't seem to edit
>     it there (which would be handy). So, if QGIS does not support
>     editing a data file, is there some other way to do it?
>             Thanks!
>
>     Charlotte Wolter
>

>     Charlotte Wolter
>     927 18th Street Suite A