Hi,

Make sure your project projection is in the same projection as the OSM layer.
Do not use reproject on the fly for now.  If the new layer is created under the
osm layer in the layer panel, you need to place it above the OSM layer as both
are rasters. Later you can play with transparency or rendering on the raster
layer properties.   You can also hide the OSM layer.

In order to figure out if you have a projection problem, hide the base map and
click on the georeferenced layer, then right click in the layer panel, select
zoom to layer extent.   Turn on the basemap and try to figure where your
georeferenced map ends up.  Look at the coordinates. That should help.  You
need to carefully select the input (best guest) and output projection (the
basemap projection) in the georeferencer plugin.

Nicolas