From: Qgis-user [mailto:qgis-user-boun...@lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Randal
Hale
Sent: Tuesday, 30 May 2017 11:53 PM
To: qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [Qgis-user] Snapping: Move Features vs Node Tool

A question.

In an attempt to help a client I'm doing some data cleanup - which is good. I
spend too much time talking and not enough doing. I need to snap points to the
endpoints of lines. If I set snapping up and use the move features tool the
point doesn't snap to the line. If I move the point using the node tool the
point snaps to the line.

I've been looking for an option or something to change. I'm not seeing one. Is
this expected behavior? To me it would make more sense for both tools to snap
data - but I may be missing something. If I add data, the data snaps as I would
expect it. The good people I'm helping immediately started moving data and it
didn't snap - and I've instructed them to use the node tool to make the edits.

QGIS 2.18.9 - Linux

Thanks
Randy

--
Randal Hale
rjh...@northrivergeographic.com

This email is intended for the named recipient only.  The information it
contains may be confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient you must
not reproduce or distribute any part of this email, disclose its contents to
any other party or take any action in reliance on it.  If you have received
this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the
message.