Hi

I have been trying to learn how to use QGIS following the QGIS online tutorial.
I am on lesson 6.2 part 2. Though I am still struggling to work out how to do
this as my area of my places layer should be a different colour which I have
tried to change but I don't know how as its shows as green on the tutorial but
white at the moment does anyone know about this? .Also I can't see a line of
crosses, points opposite the nodes by the polygon  so I don't know how to do
this does any know how to correct this, sort it out?. Also each of the layers
appear as symbols which I can't find,remember this being in the tutorial does
anyone know how to change these layers so there are symbols.  I am basically
just stuck on this lesson which I am finding very tricky and I badly need help
with this. I have tried Stack Exchange but to no avail.

Kind Regards

Fred Ralston