Try turning off the layer, zoom to a location, and then
turn it back on.

Mike

On 9/12/2017 3:44 AM, qgis-user-requ...@lists.osgeo.org wrote:
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 09:43:59 +0200
From: "Geogram"<bureau.etu...@geogram.fr>
To:<qgis-user@lists.osgeo.org>
Subject: [Qgis-user] QGIS Freezes when zooming or dezooming when a WMS
        service is used

Good morning to all,

Context :

Version : 2.18.11 (had the same problem with version 2.14.6)

OS : Windows 7 Pro, SP1, 64 bits

Hardware : I5-3550 at 3.30 Ghz – Ram=16Go

Access to the Net via a small network and a physical firewall (ZyXEL) (ADSL
speed test tells upload 533 Kbits/sec and download 8.77 Mbits/sec)

QGIS tends to freeze when zooming or dezooming if a WMS service is used
(Windows tells QGis is not responding, even after half an hour). Doesn’t
happens each time but I’ve been unable to find what’s different when it
freeze and when it doesn’t.

Has anyone experienced the same problem ?

Has anyone a clue to solve this ?

Regards

B. SPANNEUT