Hi,
I confirm .
The setting is at application level , not at project level.

I have my desktop set to "ignore setting", but when move to qgis-server it
don't use the cpg file.

So now I'm now changing manually all the layers one by one in my project
qgis from System to the effective charset of every single shapefile to use
them on qgis-server.

A.