Hi,
I have noticed that QGIS 2.18.16 has strange behavior, that I'm going to try to
explain.

The view freezes for 3 - 4 seconds after zooming or dezooming action.
View freezing happen only if in the Project there is a specific layer with
categorized style (the same layer with single simbol style doesn't cause the
problem).
The layer has 130421 feature (point) and 2381 items in the legend (after have
applied the style) and the datasource is db (The problem raised happens both
with data deriving from Oracle and PostgreSQL database).

The behaviour didn't happen in qgis 2.8.4.

Has anyone experienced the same problem ?

Can be a bug?

Enrico