Hi Solange,

I think there might be a misunderstanding.

QGIS is just a tool. QGIS is not the data owner. And certainly QGIS does not want to restrict what can be done with maps, graphics or products created with QGIS.

How does PlosOne come to the assumption that "maps produced using QGIS are copyrighted under the CC SA license, regardless of the data, basemap, or map tile sources."? - I don't think that this is a correct statement.

Andreas Neumann

QGIS.ORG board member