I'm getting a lot of email about Python 3 on OS X.  I built QGIS to require the
python.org Python 3.

Sorry, but you can't subsitute another python installation (ie homebrew or
anaconda), QGIS links to the python library to run its own python interpreter,
so it's not a simple path change or substitution.

I chose python.org as a reasonable "official" (it comes from python.org) and
easy distribution, and to account for other distros would mean separate QGIS
binaries needed, or link updating at install which would create problems for
app signing when I get to that.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin