The gis representation of a drill hole is normaly a point with some stratigraphic or lithological information of the underground behind it (a 1:n relation, 1 drill = n strata). In qgis2 there was the midvatten plugin which does such drill hole sections (see attached image).

hope this makes the drill hole thing a bit more clear...;-)

best regards
stefan
---
Mit freundlichen Grüßen