Hello all

I have two pngs of topographic maps from southeastern Brazil (a zip file
with images and points is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/
s/mexeh4be46pgsk6/images_georef.zip?dl=0)

I'm trying to georeference them, but with partial success only. In this
image (https://www.dropbox.com/s/37xxqp4fkwpdyqh/utm_error.png?dl=0) you
can see that the X coordinate is fine, but the Y coordinate of the two maps
won't match.

Both maps use South American Datum 1969. I selected points near the edges,
and used the UTM values.

Interestingly, if I use Lat/Long, and place the points at the corners,
using decimal degrees, the maps align perfectly.

Any help is appreciated

--
Prof. Carlos Henrique Grohmann
Institute of Energy and Environment - Univ. of São Paulo, Brazil

http://carlosgrohmann.com
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5073-5572